The QuanZhen Sect martial art is based on characters "empty" (Gong) and "soft (Ruo). It was called so because lacking accomplishment does not necessarily mean weak, lacking fullness does not necessarily mean empty.
- Wang ChongYang
- Zhou BoTong (周伯通)
The Seven Immortals of QuanZhen
The Seven Immortals of QuanZhen were the second generation students of Central Divinity Wang ChongYang. The seven masters all had a strong internal power base that was above average during their era. This was due to the QuanZhen Internal Cultivation techniques, which had no limits and would even increase during sleep. They did not practice Pre Heaven Inner Skill which was the highest energy cultivation skill of the QuanZhen Sect. The seven masters knew most of the QuanZhen arts such as the QuanZhen palm styles and sword techniques. Their best skill however was The Big Dipper Formation. When used by the seven masters, the formation was powerful enough to eventually match a Great-level fighter.
- Ma Yu (馬鈺) - Scarlet Sun (丹陽子) (Pinyin: Dān yáng zǐ). He's the first disciple of Wang ChongYang.
- Tan ChuDuan (譚處端) - Eternal Truth (長真子) (Pinyin: Cháng zhēn zǐ) . He's the 2nd disciple. He has a muscular face, thick eyebrows, and bigeyes. His body looked big and sturdy. Before he bowed to be a Taoist priest, he was a blacksmith in ShanDong. Tan ChuDuan was killed by Ouyang Feng's sneak attack during the clash with Huang YaoShi at Ox Village. The clash was caused by rumor incited by Qiu QianZhang saying that Huang YaoShi had killed Zhou BoTong in order to create chaos in Jiang Hu
- Liu ChuXuan (劉處玄) - Eternal Life (長生子) (Pinyin: Cháng shēng zǐ). He's the 3rd ranked. He's thin and small and his facial appearance looked like a monkey.
- Qiu ChuJi (丘处机) - Eternal Spring (长春子)(Pinyin: Cháng chūn zǐ). He's the 4th disciple. He has a red mole on his left cheek.
- Wang ChuYi (王處一) - Jade Sun (玉陽子) (Pinyin: Yù yáng zǐ). He's the 5th disciple. Once on a bet with Qiu ChuJi, he stood close to an abyss on one foot in a violent wind. The large crowd in Shandong, Hebei province who witnessed the feat gave him a nickname Foot of Iron. He lived as reclusive in an underground cave for 9 years practicing martial art.
- Hao DaTong (郝大通) - Infinite Peace (廣寧子) (Pinyin: Guǎng níng zǐ). He's number 6. He's big and tall and his appearance looked like that of government official. Prior to becoming a Taoist priest, he was a head of ShanDong's NingHai sub-prefecture's wealthy family. Hao was highly educated and managed to sell his divination skill. When he bowed to Wang ChongYang at Smoky Red Cloud Cave to become a priest, Wang ChongYang took out his own robe and cut the sleeves to give it to Hao DaTong. The word "Xiu" (sleeve) was similar to the word "Shou" (to teach/to instruct/to award/to give); the meaning was, no matter how much the master gives instructions, there will always be more to learn; whether the disciple enlightened or not, it depends on his own comprehension. He remembered his Master's kindness very well, so afterwards he always wore the half-sleeved Taoist robe. He was credited to be the founder of School of Mount Hua.
- Sun Bu'Er (孫不二) - Sage of Tranquility (清靜散人). She's disciple number 7 and she was Ma Yu's wife prior joining the Sect. When Wang ChongYang took Sun Bu'Er as his disciple, he drew a skull and gave it to her. His meaning was that somebody's life was short, that very quick death will come, and the person would change into a skull; so she must cultivate the true and admired "way" ('Dao' of the Taoist means 'the way'). In memory of her deceased master, Sun Bu'Er embroidered this skull on her robe.
Chen YaoJia - She's the student of Sun Bu'Er. She was kidnapped by Ouyang Ke and rescued by Guo Jing, Huang Rong, Hong QiGong and the Beggar Clan.